TechSpot

Crucial announces 'Adrenaline' hybrid storage kit with 50GB m4 SSD

By Matthew
Jan 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Although solid state drives aren't as pricy as they used to be, they're still considered somewhat of a luxury. With some success, manufacturers have attempted to bridge the gap between…

Read the whole story

2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

Thats awesome, so I could go with a cheaper chipset like the P67 rather than forking over the extra dough for a Z78 chipset. Greater selection at a lesser price I imagine with the P67. The only other thing it lacks is Virtu, which uses your cpu's onboard gfx for light gfx duty, such as you tube videos,etc. That saves your graphics card from being called upon for everything.. but, I dont pay the power bill here so who cares.

3. I wonder if we can use the caching application with other SSDs out ther other than this Adrenaline drive.

4. mados123

mados123 TS Rookie Posts: 17

5. sMILEY4ever

sMILEY4ever TS Enthusiast Posts: 156

Isn't this like OCZ Synapse?

6. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 875

Yes it is. Hopefully the software is as easy and less restricting than OCZ's.

7. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

im interested in seeing what the SSD market looks like when intel launches its next chipset... i think by then i will have a good reason to swap out my raided X-25's, but for now my X58 motherboard lacks functionality anyway. SSD is a must-have for boot drives if you ask me...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.