Crucial PC3200 on K7N2 Delta L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to upgrade my memory, ran Crucial system scan and went with their suggestion of CT12864Z40B (1 GB 184 Pin DDR PC 3200)

So I bought 2 and now have 2 gigs of memory.

I started having serious instability issues and ran Knoppix linux off the live cd (just to rule out that I had some issue with windows or a virus or something) that kept crashing also, which never happened before.

I googled my system specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
MSI 6570 K7N2 Delta L

One thread said this mobo had issues with CAS Latency of 3. They said try setting to 2.5 11 3 3

I made those adjustments and it's been fine so far (90 mins, avg scan which kept crashing before, and firefox hasn't crashed at all either)

I contacted Crucial live chat (not helpful) and emailed their tech support. The response I got was that I shouldn't have to mess with those settings.

I turn to you, the community. I've seen suggestions for other similar mobos that had different number on the tRAS, tRP, and tRCD (which I don't really understand what they do)

Just hoping had some clarification on these settings and whether or not I should change them further.

Thanks-in-advance!

Ps. I'm currently running CPU-Z and here is what it has to say:

Under the CPU tab:
Clocks:
Core Speed 2205.1 MHz
Multiplier x 11.0
Bus Speed 200.5 MHz
Rated FSB 400.9 MHz

Under the Memory Tab:

DRAM Frequency 200.5 MHz
FSB:DRAM 1:1
CL 2.5 Clocks
tRCD 3 Clocks
tRP 3 Clocks
tRAS 11 Clocks

Also, I am running dram at 2.7v. (was at 2.6 originally but also changed that with the other settings.)
sticks are in slots 1 and 3.

If you got it working with the settings you changed (2.5 11 3 3), these settings are fine. Stick with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back