TechSpot

Crucial PC3200 on K7N2 Delta L

By mymobosux
Jun 28, 2008
  1. Decided to upgrade my memory, ran Crucial system scan and went with their suggestion of CT12864Z40B (1 GB 184 Pin DDR PC 3200)

So I bought 2 and now have 2 gigs of memory.

I started having serious instability issues and ran Knoppix linux off the live cd (just to rule out that I had some issue with windows or a virus or something) that kept crashing also, which never happened before.

I googled my system specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
    MSI 6570 K7N2 Delta L

One thread said this mobo had issues with CAS Latency of 3. They said try setting to 2.5 11 3 3

I made those adjustments and it's been fine so far (90 mins, avg scan which kept crashing before, and firefox hasn't crashed at all either)

I contacted Crucial live chat (not helpful) and emailed their tech support. The response I got was that I shouldn't have to mess with those settings.

I turn to you, the community. I've seen suggestions for other similar mobos that had different number on the tRAS, tRP, and tRCD (which I don't really understand what they do)

Just hoping had some clarification on these settings and whether or not I should change them further.

Thanks-in-advance!

Ps. I'm currently running CPU-Z and here is what it has to say:

Under the CPU tab:
    Clocks:
    Core Speed 2205.1 MHz
    Multiplier x 11.0
    Bus Speed 200.5 MHz
    Rated FSB 400.9 MHz

Under the Memory Tab:

DRAM Frequency 200.5 MHz
    FSB:DRAM 1:1
    CL 2.5 Clocks
    tRCD 3 Clocks
    tRP 3 Clocks
    tRAS 11 Clocks

Also, I am running dram at 2.7v. (was at 2.6 originally but also changed that with the other settings.)
    sticks are in slots 1 and 3.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,929   +167

If you got it working with the settings you changed (2.5 11 3 3), these settings are fine. Stick with them

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.