TechSpot

CS1.6 FPS Problem

By FLaMeSJ969
Feb 16, 2006
  1. Hey, I've been playing cs for awhile now, and i normally didn't have any fps problems..like, yeah it would drop here and there... but for some reason now... it drops whenever i see any ct or t model... whenever else I'm just running around.. 100 fps, whenever a model comes to view.. it would drop to the 40s.. any idea how i can fix this w/o reformatting..., i also tried getting video card drives... didn't help, and i reinstalled cs too.. thanks

Oh yeah, i forgot to add specs.. I have an AMD Athlon, 1.05ghz(i know) radeon 9200, 728 ram.. also, i keep vsync off and no to trueform either... i have the newest drivers for my vid card too

2. wenyiyangjin

wenyiyangjin TS Rookie

the specs is enough .
    but did you install other game or software after that ?
    or you should take a total virus check.

3. FLaMeSJ969

FLaMeSJ969 TS Rookie Topic Starter

mmm, yeah, like i said, before, i had no such problem, cept for the smoke grenades, other than that... i was getting 100 through and through... idk, maybe it can be a virus thing.. ill check that out.. and also, i reformated.. so its not a windows problem..

4. FLaMeSJ969

FLaMeSJ969 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yeah.. I did a whole virus check and got mad stuff deleted.. including cs.. but still no help u_u

Help.. :eek:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.