TechSpot

CS1.6 FPS Problem

By FLaMeSJ969
Feb 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, I've been playing cs for awhile now, and i normally didn't have any fps problems..like, yeah it would drop here and there... but for some reason now... it drops whenever i see any ct or t model... whenever else I'm just running around.. 100 fps, whenever a model comes to view.. it would drop to the 40s.. any idea how i can fix this w/o reformatting..., i also tried getting video card drives... didn't help, and i reinstalled cs too.. thanks

Oh yeah, i forgot to add specs.. I have an AMD Athlon, 1.05ghz(i know) radeon 9200, 728 ram.. also, i keep vsync off and no to trueform either... i have the newest drivers for my vid card too
  2. wenyiyangjin

wenyiyangjin TS Rookie

the specs is enough .
    but did you install other game or software after that ?
    or you should take a total virus check.
  3. FLaMeSJ969

FLaMeSJ969 TS Rookie Topic Starter

mmm, yeah, like i said, before, i had no such problem, cept for the smoke grenades, other than that... i was getting 100 through and through... idk, maybe it can be a virus thing.. ill check that out.. and also, i reformated.. so its not a windows problem..
  4. FLaMeSJ969

FLaMeSJ969 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yeah.. I did a whole virus check and got mad stuff deleted.. including cs.. but still no help u_u

Help.. :eek:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.