Inactive Csrss.exe memory block reported by Avast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have Avast (free) and for the past few weeks in the summary it reports:
Process "XXX" [csrss.exe] memory block,......... block size 655360. The System cannot find path specified (3).
The Process # changes each time..... 572, 844, 576......
I have run all your steps and will paste if necessary,
Specifically, Malwarebytes says no malicious items detected.
I'm definately not topnotch on processes and was wondering if this is something serious or just a silly goof I made.
The only thing I can mention is before this showed up, I downloaded and tried to run Speccy (System Information tool) from Piriform. It downloaded ok, but would not install stating the program tried to terminate RPC in a different manner and to try to install again. Which I did and recieving the same error decided I could live without and uninstalled the program.
I mainly use this computer to pay all my online bills and to backup Iphone Apps. The online bills is the part i'm worried about, not sure if this is a security threat. I've been researching this specifically for a few weeks and my bills are piling up, lol. All my specs are listed on profile page.
Thanks so much for any insights or information,
tj hafner

Welcome_crash.gif

(Image courtesy animationplayhouse.com)

Welcome to TechSpot!
Csrss stands for "Client/Server Run-Time Subsystem" and is a part of every Windows program. Runtime errors are sometimes caused by add-ons. There is also a virus, which installs itself on your computer by naming itself "csrss," confuses the computer into thinking it is part of Windows. The file is actually a trojan that steals your information, which may include banking logins and passwords. So we have to find which it is:

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Important!
Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back