Ctrl + Alt + Del Weird Problem

By mrsp11
Dec 18, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,

A bit of newbie problem here. Please help.

A few days ago, the Ctrl+Alt+Del window was working fine. My fiance however pressed a key and the only thing we say was the CPU/Memory Stats window. I nearly went crazy trying to fix that. I pressed the "END" key and I received the network dialog screen. Ever since then, I have been unable to get back to the original control+alt+del.

I ran VirusScan (fully updated), AdAware, SpyBot, and have Zonealarm blocking almost everything. Also searched for the problem on Google and on other communities that I am a part of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have posted an image of the current window that I get when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Link

Thanks,

Mrsp11
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I guess your control + V was affected along with control + alt + delete?
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,266   +218

Oh, just incase anyone was wondering what I edited his thread for. Here is the original less than thought out post:
    I'm not even sure how you can come up with something that bad with copy pasting, but apparently it happened. Doubt someone would consiously type that.
  4. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Stop double posting in the future. It is similar to spamming. It won't help you get anything good but angry faces from the mods and everyone else.
  5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Well it is your task manager that comes up, you just need to double-click near the edges & that will bring back the tabs.
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Just double click at the top, all should be fixed :)

edit: Didn't see Didou said the same thing :( Oh well, just a little confirmation then
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.