Ctrl+Alt+Delete Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason when I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete it brings up like, a chart that shows me how much internet connection is being used (kind of like a heart monitor in a hospital lol) and I dont know why it is doing that. I cannot get the task bar up and I dont know how I made it that way or if I pressed anything by accident? Does anyone know how to get it back to normal?

Thank you!

If you know how post here for e-mail me at Spiritmidnightx@aol.com.

It doesnt say anything, it has 2 separate boxes (one on top of the other) at the top it says "Wireless Network Connection" and the one below says "Local Network Connection"

I think that's part of the Task Manager. When I pull mine up it has five options. Under the networking tab I get those two charts about my local area connection. Soundsto me like just the networking part of Task Manager is coming up when you press ctrl, alt, del. When did this start happening?

Just started a few days ago, but I dont know how to fix it its driving me nuts :( lol. It just shows that but theres no tab or anything, I dont know how to change it back

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

What OS is this? Xp? If so
right click the "task bar" select "Task Mgr".
If the same part of task mgr comes up, showing
only the network monitor, I think whats happened
is the window view got screwed up. No tool bars at the top?
Are any other windows/programs behaving oddly?

Right click the task bar...tried it...it brings up the same thing and theres nothing to click to change it. Nothing else is really behaving oddly, I ran virus checks and everything like that. I tried running taskmgr and it didnt work, it brought up the exact same thing. Im on Windows XP by the way

Hmmm?

Are you using any "theme proggy's"?
Win styler, xp plus or style xp?
Your task mgr is still working it's just
the views got screwed up.

Open task mgr and double click anywhere inside the box you 've been getting,
this should switch the view back to standard...
Let us know
G'Luck

OOOPS!
I had to edit that post.

Open task mgr (right click task bar or ctrl-alt-del)
and double click anywhere inside the box/window, you 've been getting.
This should switch the view back to standard...
Let us know
G'Luck

DawnofEden said:
Thank you! lol. What a dumb mistake I made. But thank you very much, it fixed it!
No problem!
I disagree with "dumb mistake" this is not, too my understanding,
documented anywhere to let us know these effects.
Kinda error-trial-error
I actually stumbled on it reading your post. :eek:
Now I know too. :haha:

Wow, good find socrates, I didn't realize you could do that in task manager. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back