TechSpot

Cupertino city council unanimously approves Apple's 'Spaceship' campus

By Shawn Knight
Oct 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The Cupertino city council on Tuesday night unanimously approved Apple’s plans to build a massive new campus just across the highway from the company’s current headquarters. Apple co-founder Steve Jobs personally pitched the idea of a new facility to the...

Read more

2. This will be cool to look at on Google Maps once it's built.

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

Awesome campus.

4. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 333   +51

Well you knew good & well they would approve it, or Apple would complain & threaten to move somewhere else.

5. mctommy

mctommy TS Enthusiast Posts: 126   +14

I think they should talk to Elon Musk and add a hyperloop underneath the circular facility.

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,128   +731

Why is this news? The only reason anyone outside Cupertino even knows it exists is because of Apple. Apple is even called 'Cupertino' because there's nothing else in Cupertino you could possibly be talking about.

I guess it's news because California sort of has a reputation for putting environmental concerns over any sort of progress. As evidenced by the story linked to the San Jose news. Glad to see they're not willing to let Apple move to another state over it.

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,571   +103

Looks like a sedgeway race track to me.

8. It looks like it'd be terribly inefficient to get from one end to the other. Unless, of course, they have a giant moving sidewalk throughout the facility. Then it'd be awesome.

9. You're totally right.

And awesome! :D

10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,821   +922

I'm sure any town would be willing to spring for a rubber stamp that says, "Approved for Apple Corp.".

If you think the act of walking by moving one's feet would impede their "ability to innovate" and stifle their "creativity", why not slam them in a rickshaw and have illegal aliens tow then to where they need to go.

In case you didn't get the memo, walking is good for you.

And BTW, did you really need to post this garbage to congratulate and flatter yourself?
    Sort of tedious and grandiose, wouldn't you say?

11. Sounds like someone is a little cranky.

12. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,821   +922

Sounds more like somebody got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.....

13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

I suppose the circle is mean't symbolize eternity but will Apple be around eternally? I don't think so.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.