Current list companies boycotting the NRA

D

DelJo63

According to medium.com
The full list of companies to have boycotted the NRA so far:

Alamo

Allied Movers

American Cellars Wine Club (Vinesse Wines)

Association Group Insurance Administrators

American National Insurance Company

Avis

Budget

Checks in the Mail (Harland Clarke)

Direct Long Term Care

eHealth

Emergency Assistance Plus

Enterprise Rent A Car

First National Bank of Omaha

Global Rescue

Hertz

HotelPlanner

LifeLine Screening

LifeLock

Lloyds of London

Lockton Affinity

LTCR (Long Term Care Resources)

ManageYOURiD

MedFlight Freedom

Medical Concierge Network

MetLife

National Car Rental

Net Spend

NorthAmerican Van Lines

Norton by Symantec ON

Paramount Rx Inc.

ReliaStar Life Insurance Company

Republic Bank & Trust Company

Securian Life Insurance Company

SimpliSafe

Starkey Hearing Technologies

Teladoc

Toco Warranty

Travel Shield — On Call International

TrueCar

VISA U.S.A.

Clearent Credit Card Processing Services

FFLBizHub.com powered by Orchid Advisors

Life Insurance Central

Transamerica

AIG

Mutual of Omaha

Protective

Prudential Life Insurance Company

Genworth Financial

Lincoln Financial Group

John Hancock

Legacy

GTL

LifeSecure

Guaranty

National Life Group

Sun Financial

One America

Transamerica

United of Omaha Life Insurance Company

MedAmerica

Mutual of Omaha

Holiday Card Central
[edit]
L.L. Bean

Kroger​
[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just exactly how do you boycott the NRA? Is it as simple as saying you are not going to buy into their belief?

People don't realize that it's not the guns. It's the people who use them.

Here in Canada, it's easy to get a license and buy a gun (albeit the media would make you think otherwise). Guess what.
Almost no one buys one, even though they could. It is because we have a different culture.
"Get off my property", is almost none existent.
School shootings? Never heard of them here. (Just checked online. There were 11 school shootings in Canada from 1975-2016)
In Canada, we just don't care about guns.

There is no reason to boycott gun associations. Humans must change their way of life.

The NRA lobby is extremely strong in the U.S. due to the 2nd amendment. Rational thought is thrown overboard in favor of the emotional RIGHTS to bear arms - - guess someone thinks there will be another minuteman stand like Lexington & Concorde some time soon. It's interesting to see how many Countries have flourished without some version of the 2nd amendment. Truly hope NO ONE suffers the loss of their child, but until it becomes personal, IMO nothing will change.

I frequently use the power of my pocket book to express appreciation and approval - - even when doing so may be more costly than some other choice.

In Canada, we just don't care about guns.
Then there's no need for any associations or lobbyists either.

Then there's no need for any associations or lobbyists either.

If a country has very little drivers, does that mean that there isn't a need for a car association? Of course there is.

We barely have any guns in Canada, but we still have the 'National Firearms Association'
nfa.jpg
The NRA lobby is extremely strong in the U.S. due to the 2nd amendment.
The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with this. There are countries in the world that allow citizens to buy guns, but we don't see them having tons of gun violence like in the US.

I believe it has all to do with culture.

Like I stated before and will repeat again:
"There is no reason to boycott gun associations. Humans must change their way of life."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe it has all to do with culture.
I my opinion, it's a LACK thereof. I know several areas where subsistence hunting is not only a way of life but a practical necessity. Urban streets and schools just isn't one of them.

I'm sure no one will change their views from any postings here.

I my opinion, it's a LACK thereof.
I can definitely agree with you on that one. Eventually, the US might change, but it will take decades. Having guns on you isn't really a problem. If it's a fashion statement, then I have no problems with that. If it's for defense purposes, I don't have a problem with that either.
I know several areas where subsistence hunting is not only a way of life but a practical necessity.
True. I agree with that as well. Although I have to say I enjoy game meat (e.g.: Moose, bison, deer, boar). :)
Urban streets and schools just isn't one of them.
Both agree and disagree. Laws are followed by law-abiding citizens.
Unfortunately, there are crazy people everywhere in the world. These people don't believe in law; don't follow them.
These wackos still find illegal weapons. So if you can't defend yourself, there's a good chance that you're dead.
Having a gun could increase the likelihood of your survival. It's pretty much a double-edged sword.
You prohibit guns, violence exists. You allow guns, violence still exists, but at least I can defend my family, friends, colleagues, etc.
If I'm a teacher, I could try to save my students, co-workers, etc.

I'm sure no one will change their views from any postings here.
Maybe you're right. But it's better to voice your opinion than staying silent. At least it just might change someone's view on this topic.

Last edited:
If I'm a teacher, I could try to save my students, co-workers, etc.
As a teacher, you can counter the effects of the social media, induce REAL conversations on subjects worth discussing and - - teaching life long values which will "save" those students far more frequently than any weapon ever will. What a privileged to help form young lives.

For wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection,
but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner

Back