Cursor skips to another portion of text when typing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an HP Pavilion laptop that is about 2 yrs. old. About a month ago I noticed that as I type in ANY program (emails, word, this post) I will type sentences and the
cursor annoyingly skips to another part of the text. It has done it several times as I type this post. It seems to happen randomly. any ideas?

From: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...ousepad+while+typing&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca

'TOUCHPAD and MOUSE POINTER – TO CUSTOMIZE
Right click Desktop to open Personalize
Go to: BUTTONS
BUTTON CONFIGURATION
Select: Right Handed or Left Handed
DOUBLE CLICK SPEED: I set the slider to the slowest setting ( if too fast, double clicks won’t open files)
Click Lock: Select this if you want it
POINTER OPTIONS:
MOTION:
Select a POINTER SPEED: I set mine at the fastest – makes the touchpad fly (This technically controls the mouse buttons, but makes also touchpad feel faster)
Check: Enhance pointer precision
Visibility: check: Hide pointer while typing
DEVICE SETTINGS:
Click on the SETTINGS tab:
First, click on Overview to open the tree and read the overview of the controls.
TAPPING: If you want to be able to tap on your touch pad, set the controls for Tapping, tap and drag, and tap zones.
BUTTONS: Double click on Buttons to open the tree and set the controls:
Left ButtonAction: Primary Click
Right Buton Zction: Secondary Click
VIRTUAL SCROLLING: Double click on Virtual Scrolling to open the tree and set the controls:
Check: Enable vertical scrolling and/or enable horizontal scrolling
LONG DISTANCE SCROLLING
Check Enable coasting, if you want that option, and Enable Edge Motion when scrolling
SCROLLING SPEED: Set slider for scrolling speed. I set mine at the slowest
Adjust SCROLLING REGION
SCROLLING SELECTION: I checked: Scroll item under pointer (for a broader scrolling area)
EDGE MOTION: Select the Edge Motion you want. I chose Perform Edge Motion when pointing and dragging
Select your Edge Motion Region and Edge Motion Speed. I selected: Control motion with finger and set my slider at medium-slow.
Constrained Motion, Slow Motion and Sticky Borders: Select some or all of these if you want them
SENSITIVITY: Double click on Sensitivity to open the tree and set the controls:
Double click on + to open tree
PALM CHECK: I left my Palm Check at the default spot , near center but a little toward Maximum (if mouse gets irratic, increase toward Maximum) If mouse is not responsive to certain clicks, decrease toward Minimum)
TOUCH SENSITIVITY:
Light Touch – I set my toward the most sensitive -- all the way toward Light Touch
Click on Apply, and then OK.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back