Custom boot screen, will now not load windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computergeek564

Hiya:wave:

well i feel very stupid, i wanted to put a custom boot screen on my laptop, to customize it a little, so i got a program to randomize the boot screens, clicked apply boot screen then restarted.

Manufacturers screen loads, then nothing, i could leave it to sit all day, but nothing.

the boot screen will not run, nor will windows load.

I have tried to run the computer in safe mode, but still nothing.

I have very important files on the disk, and do not want to loose them if i have to reformat the drive

Please help

I would be very thankful if you could help. :wave:

You can remove the CMOS battery for about 30 minutes. The manual for your laptop should tell you how. It may give other methods of resetting the CMOS as well. Sorry I can't be more specific. I don't know laptops very well. For anyone else to help you with the specifics, you should say what brand and model laptop you have. They are not all the same.

Maybe......

You might try booting up with the Windows CD , to see if you can get to the recovery console. Just a guess, but it's worth a shot.

im guna try to find the CMOS battery first, at the very moment i am taking the laptop apart

then if nothing i shall try ur idea captain

then if all else fails i shall go and see my friend james

found and removed the the CMOS battery, but it did nothing all it did do was annoy me and get me very frustrated, leaving me with a bad back, and sore fingers

i can get in to bios, but the only thing that has changed is the system time.
i can boot up from the windows cd

and i now believe i have messed up my mouse :S

So although you can get into the BIOS (and out again), the PC won't progress farther than that, correct? Windows won't start up still, right?

Keep in mind that your mouse doesn't function in the BIOS, just the keyboard. The mouse works off of drivers from Windows. Since you can't get to Windows, I don't think there is a necessarily a problem.

How about this?: The boot screen image comes from the BIOS software and so changing it is a BIOS issue too (you weren't talking about the Windows splash screen were you? That would be a different issue.) I don't know how advisable this is but flashing the BIOS (with the original or an improved version) should restore everything, including boot screen image, to the original. If the program you tried to run corrupted something in the BIOS, flashing it should fix it. However, flash at your own risk.

i accidentally took out the mouse wire, and from the mobo of the laptop, and was very fiddly to get back in, but now it doesnt work, but tomoro i shall try further.

i have fixed the problem, i was able to access the reformatting of the drives, with the cd that came with my laptop, but because my laptop has 1 drive, and a partition (C, and D) all my files are on D, and C is just programs, so nothing is lost, because i jus reformatted c, yea i lost all the programs, but most of them were free anyway.

Thanks for your help guys

Im very thankful, for the help you have shown

Regards Computergeek564 :wave:

Communications Breakdown.......

mailpup said:
(you weren't talking about the Windows splash screen were you? That would be a different issue.)

Intel has a program available called "ITK" (Integrater's toolkit). In it they refer to the BIOS generated screen as a "custom splash image". Here's the link, see what you think. http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/software/itk/ Belchfire Themes refers to the screen generated by Windows as the "Boot Screen": http://themes.belchfire.net/themes_category-11.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back