D= Help! Computers on, screens working, but not showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miamai

I came home, and my monitor had the green light on, but It wasnt showing anything. I checked all my connections, its perfectly fine. My computers on, it has the green light. When I push the restart button on the screen, It said "Off mode in 5 seconds", I restarted my computer again and again. Nothing happened. My CD drive is working perfectly fine, and the screens not broken. Everythings plugged in. What do I do? Is it a virus? If so, what do I do?! Help!!!!!

Do you have another monitor you can use to help troubleshoot?

When you fire up your computer, do you hear a lot of hard drive action as if the system is booting up into windows? Hear any beeps?

aahh... my dad might let me try his. I dunno. Lol, I wouldn't be able to reply then for a while. Thats the computer I'm using right now. It beeps once, and I don't hear much difference in the hard drive.

Is your computer and your Dad's computer in the same house? All you'd need to do is plug his monitor into your system and see if you can boot up.

But, my guess is that this is not a problem with your monitor, but a PSU problem.

Are you getting ANYTHING on your monitor when you turn the system on?

Yes, same house. I'll get him to switch the screen to see the problem. He'll probably put it off for a while though...

If I push the reset button on the screen, a blue box comes up that says "Off mode in 5 seconds". Does that count?

Okay, Yeah, my dad did everything he could. He's going to take it to his friends place to see if he can fix it. Thanks for the help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back