D-link router issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i hear d-link routers are suppossed to be easy to set up but thats not what im finding . any way i recently bought a d-link wbr-2310 wireless router and upgraded my internet to hughes net 1 mb service, when i connect my (xp home) computer direcly to the modem the internet works fine, but through the router i will only have connection for a short period of time even if running through the ethernet port , i can always access the router even when the internet connection goes bad so what is configured wrong ?.i have gone throught the setup wizzard more times then i can count and also manually configured the connection countless times . any help would be appreciated as im at my witts end

i tried that and it did the same thing still ,ive also defaulted all the settings and still the same thing thats why im frazzled

it cant be defective i just bought it (i hope) .i can still access the router config page via internet exp so it should still be good right?

"i can still access the router config page via internet exp so it should still be good right?"...

In a word... Nope... It can still be bad. Does Hughes Net have any special setup instructions for use with a router? Things like passwords or special ISP settings. I would imagine that it is set up just like most cable ISP's

ive put in the isp add. they gave me which is the default(192.168.0.1)and the subnet mask and the default gatway and every thing and i literally bought the router last week .it better not be bad :)

fixed it by switching the router into NAT mode (whatever that means) works so far after an hour of hard surfing so hopefully it stays that way

From what i hear d-link routers are suppossed to be easy to set up but thats not what im finding . any way i recently bought a d-link wbr-2310 wireless router and upgraded my internet to hughes net 1 mb service, when i connect my (xp home) computer direcly to the modem the internet works fine, but through the router i will only have connection for a short period of time even if running through the ethernet port , i can always access the router even when the internet connection goes bad so what is configured wrong ?.i have gone throught the setup wizzard more times then i can count and also manually configured the connection countless times . any help would be appreciated as im at my witts end

my sister spent 1 1/2 days trying to set-up her new router.,....sucked for me because that ment i was down for that entire time.

fixed it by switching the router into NAT mode (whatever that means) works so far after an hour of hard surfing so hopefully it stays that way
this should have been the default for ALL/ANY router -- without this,
it's not acting as a router. What mode was it before you enabled NAT -- bridge mode?

idk NOT NAT mode. lol . the little box wasent checked so i checked it and it has fixed it so far . so what does the letters nat actually stand for?

yes, not NAT was clearly the fix and not the default :( Would have liked to known what it was before the change.

N.A.T: Net Address Translation. Allows multiple systems on the LAN to use the
public WAN IP address for shared access.

Assume for the moment that one lan system is at 192.168.5.66 and your public IP address 111.222.333.444

NAT allows the outbound request to be written with a hidden field
111.222.333.444(192.168.5.66) ... so that the webserver knows how to get back to you
[routing the request to 111.222.333.444(192.168.5.666) ]

When your router sees the packet(s) it strips the 111.222.333.444 and sends the data to 192.168.5.66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back