TechSpot

Daily Download: Mozilla Firefox 1.0 PR

By Phantasm66
Sep 14, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Firefox browser is as easy to use as IE but offers a range of solutions for today's annoyances in browsing the Internet. Firefox includes a configurable pop-up blocker which informs the user every time a pop-up has been blocked, but allows the user to display these windows at a later time or even to configure pop-up displays for individual web pages. Firefox 1.0 PR is with us now.

2. abc

abc TS Rookie Posts: 52

Firefox is really starting to shape up. I especially like the new ctrl+f menu. It is just a bar on the bottom of the screen insted of a box that covers up text. I couldn't get the "type ahead find" to work for just links even after using about:config. Hopefully that will be fixed by 1.0 as I prefer it.

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 6,504   +6

Yeah, that's smart. Hit ctrl + f and see what happens!

You can cycle through the find with enter.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

Rather than reinstall 20 extensions and 3-4 themes with every pre-release of 1.0, I'll wait. Anxiously wait for sure..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.