Daisy chaining power backup (UPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

I have a question about daisy chaining power backup (UPS). Let’s assume I have 2 new identical UPS. If I hook up one the wall, the second one into the first one, and the entire computer the second one (so wall socket > 1st UPS > 2nd UPS > computer) will I be facing any issues? Such as oscillation between UPS’s when power kicks out?

I know that I will have a problem if 2nd UPS draws more power what 1st UPS can provide when power fails.

Thanks

I wouldn't think there would be an issue. I think the first UPS should output a cleaner signal than the wall does (sine wave vs blocky), which the 2nd UPS should be fine with.

hmmm; puzzled. WHY? Is this an effort to double the keep alive time with less capacity UPS devices?

W not just split the load between the 2 units. True enough it won't be exact, but with the monitor and peripherals one one UPS, and just the desktop on another, it should help with extending the up time.

This approach doesn't require as much mental anguish, I don't know if that's good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back