DAM! I have a virus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad: DAM! I have a Virus!!! :mad:

OK here it is. Last night i started a Bittorent download for a film and left it going throught the night. When i returned in the morning 2 things had happened:

A message had appeared displaying: Application.168 has been partialy deleted by a 3rd party. :confused:
I then had 3 options:
Reinstall application 168 (which i dint even have clue what it was).
Delete the rest of Application.168
or to close the box and ignore it all.
Not knowing what it was, i decidid to delete the rest of the application. I was confused and thought why the hell do i want parts of program lying around right? WRONG? the second thing which had happened was the desktop and start menu would appear for 3 seconds and then dissapear for another 3 then reappear, over and over again. Any program i select when the desktop appears comes on but also dissapears and then reappears for 3 seconds. I really dont want to wipe my hard drive but fear it is the only solution.

?1Help anybody!?

P.S Windows XP home, service patch 2.

PPS. Downloading Con Air at the time, BUGGER! wanted to watch that.

Some Anti virus progams ,like Norton can boot from the CD run a scan and quarrantine if they find a virus.
Failing that I hope you have a backup for Data etc.
because you probably need a comeplete re-install.

Look at the date of this thread. It`s almost 2 years old.

I posted in one or two old threads when I first joined Techspot lol.

Regards Howard :)

yes as he mentioned, u prolly need to performa full stsyem restore(yes a FULL restoration, not just a windows restore)

this seams to be a pattern here... people diggin' up old bones.....

DAM! (I found some beavers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back