TechSpot

DAZZLE video capture problem

By onetofollow
May 17, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yes i know, i bought a cheap P.O.S. video capture device, but it's really all i need, and it used to work fine. but i had to re-install windows xp pro, now i am having problems out of it.

i have tried the software that came with the device (MovieStar) and Windows Media Encoder, both of which worked perfectly before. now since my windows re-installation, whenever i open the setup in Windows Media Encoder to capture video, i have NO choices in my video device box and only one choice in my audio box, which is "Multichannel Wave Source".

my question is: why isn't my Dazzle Video Capture AND my Soundblaster Audigy 2 showing up in these choice boxes as they did before my windows re-installation?

i have tried and tried reloading the drivers for each device, but nothing seems to work. it's almost like they are not being recognized by the encoding software as audio/video inputs.

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.