Xythoces

Specs:
Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
2 Patriot DDR2 800mhz 1gb
Dual xfx GF 8500GT in SLI
Samsung HD501LJ 500gb connected via SATA
High power 500w PS

I built this about five years ago. Last year, I was playing spore when it shut off. No warning, no error, it just shut off. I turned it back on, but my screen was tinted red. Everything could still be seen, but the screen was red. I dont remember any errors when I turned it back on, other than windows being shutdown improperly. I messed around with cables, (GFX card is connected by a DVI to HDMI cord connected to TV.) and tried turning on and off. Every time I turned it back on, it would die again. That same day, it died and would not come back on. mobo is still receiving power, and mobo, sysfan and HD all start up. they continue working for a few moments, then everyting shuts down. I never get anything to come up on screen, not even the splash screen for the bios...
Is this a BIOS/mobo issue... graphics cards? I've tried running a single card, neither worked... can't believe both would burn out.
Would like to salvage what I can.

The Abit motherboard was a fine motherboard in it's time, bit motherboards don't last forever. I think it is a good time to upgrade your computer now...

I suppose. I built it as a gaming rig. My interests have shifted away from that now, so do you have any suggestions that would offer more... long term reliability... and still be compatible with my current hardware?

Back