Delete post

TimeParadoX

You should have a feature where people who posted something can delete it ( Only their post, not others ) because sometimes I accedently double post and instead of having Howard get mad at me we can just delete them :D

Yeah, sometimes I realize that what I posted was actually not relevant or that it actually sounded kind of stupid. That would be a cool feature.
--kitty

Shouldn't the forum software be able to detect if two consecutive posts are identical in content and then delete the first one?

if (post == BULL****) {
delete(post);
}

Please watch your language on the forums

Shouldn't the forum software be able to detect if two consecutive posts are identical in content and then delete the first one?

I still want an answer from someone who knows!

i think there is a timeout feature or something..
eg. if you try and click "search new posts" and then a few seconds later "search Today's posts" it tells you to wait a while.. same with when you click on "submit post" button when you finish typing..

i too fall into the trap of double posting the exact same thing... possibly due to pressing the refresh button a few seconds after i click the submit button when i think the page got stuck, which it hasn't, just the page update was slow..

Yeah I do the same thing N30

That's why instead of having a mod delete them you could just press a X mark on the post :D

Actualy rik, Deleting post and deleting threads are 2 diffrent things... I just want to delete post that I accedently double posted but deleting a thread will take all my post including other post by other people ;)

I think deleting your own post is a good idea, because sometimes I'll make a post and think did I say that right?, does it belong here? Why bug a mod to delete the post when we could do it ourselves

Cant you use the Edit button and erase or change your post? I'm pretty sure I'v edone that when I realized I said something stupid.:eek:

TimeParadoX: I have deleted the posts I think you`re are referring to. Sorry for the delay, but I`ve not been around for a few days.

Teaser261 is quite correct, the edit button can be used to change a post. However, if a post needs to be deleted, then a quick pm to a mod will usually get it sorted. After all, that`s what we`re here for. ;)

I don`t think it would be a very good idea for members to be able to delete their own posts as this would have the potential to cause serious problems on the forums.

Regards Howard :)

Yeah, I didnt think of the problems it could cause

Also thanks for the deleting of the post! :D

Glad to see you back and ruling the forums howard ;)

Yeah you'll see explosions and abunch of machine guns... then more explosions... then even more explosions... :D

Back