deleteing cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi My Name Is Donna But I Am Called Dj, Plez Call Me That.i Had Earthlink.net At One Time And It Is Driving Me Crazy, With Trying To Reinstall Itself. It's Worse Then Aol By A 100%. I Have Downloaded Registry Cleaners, Uninstallers To The Point I Have No More Room And I Can't Get This Stuff To Uninstall . Especially Earthlink.please Help .i Have Spent So Much Money On Software I Can't Spend Anymore, There Is None Left.no Matter What I Will Be Doing Earthlink Pops In Front Of My Face I Hit One Cancel Another Appears Just As Fast,with About 6 Little Windows Open Trying To Reinstall. I Click Cancel It Only Goes Away For A Little While Its Driving Me Nuts.please Help Me.thank You All And God Bless

P.s. How Do I Open Cookies To Know How , And When And What Is Safe To Delete?SORRY I FORGOT TO SAY THAT I AM USING WINDOWS XP.I'M DOING WHAT YOU ALL SAID ,STILL THERE.!!!!

Which browser are you using? I also don't quite understand what is your question about Earthlink. Is it a toolbar or what? What kind of program are you trying to get rid of? Whatever you want to get rid of you can start in the control panel.

Press start
Control Panel
Add or Remove Programs
Select what you don't want and click uninstall

As far as deleting cookies, assuming that you are using Internet Explorer(which I would be suprised if you weren't) just go to tools, internet options, and click on delete cookies. Yes it is safe to delete your cookies. I recommend doing it like once a week. You can also click clear history and delete files.

Hope that helps. Peace out!

Earthlink.. thats sounds familiar.. are you by any chance runing win98/winME? to get rid of earthlink (if i remember) was to goto control panel, add/remove programs and click on the windows components(or somthing).. its under internet services...

Cookies are just little .txt files that save your info on a website eg. when you got to techspot and you enter your username n password and click remember me.. exactly where its stored so next time you visit you're already logged in/(just have to click a button for some sites) so you dont have to type everything again etc. Although the second part of that is there is bad cookies/spyware that tracks where you go and such so deleting them wont cause any damage, just means retyping stuff sometimes and is a good thing or first things you delete when trying to troubleshoot internet related problems.
and so i dont start rambling on a_dog gives a good summary.. :grinthumb

Earthlink

DUMB ME , I'M RUNNING XP, I JUST WENT INTO CONTROL PANEL DIDN'T FIND WHAT YOU SAID.I'M FIGHTING IT NOW AS I WRITE. WHAT A PAIN! NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT.AOL IS CALM COMPARED TO THIS. WOW. THANKS DJ :p :p

sorry to be a bit generic right now but we need to get some more info..
can you by any chance give us a screenshot or type up what the msg was on the thing?
we need to know also your system specs, as well as how you are connecting to the net now as well as if this happen straight after you finished with earthlink and uninstalled them or a while after? if straight after try reinstalling the thing (without signing up again) and then uninstalling it in safe mode (reboot pc then f8 before windows logo shows up)
if after use system restore to the point before it started to happen

if the above was not the case now we need to determine what is happening.. 1st delete all cookies, temp. internet files and history.
get rid of uneccessary software eg the cleaner you downlaoded/bought and google the title of each program in the add/remove that you dont know, double check that there is nothing relating from earthlink in that list
get:
Adaware, Spybot, Hijackthis; install, update and scan, clean when neccesary.
HJT log put in a .txt (notepad) document and upload to this forum.. one of the guys will read it and see if it needs fixing.
process explorer; google through all the processes you dont know..
post back results..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back