Deleting temp files without rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
:angel: Ive been converting windows media audio/video files to mpeg(I also edit a lot of photos). I've made the temp file in virtual memory larger so I can convert larger files.
My question is:- can I dump the temp files without having to reboot every time and if so where are the temp files stored so I can highlight the files and delete them? I've looked in the temp and mini dump folders(all hidden folders are visible including the operating system ones). I've done defrag/disc clean....you know the usual sort of things to get rid if rubbish instead of having to reboot, but none of them seem to get rid of the temp files that are created during the conversion and it takes longer than a reboot, I still have to reboot to dump them.
I just want to quickly dump the virtual memory temp files that the converting has produced so I can carry on. :angel:

MPEG4 Direct Maker FAQ
Does MPEG4 Direct Maker use a lot of hard disk space when making divx/avi/wmv/mpeg-1?

No! MPEG4 Direct Maker is very small so please have no worries about the hard disk space! Unlike other converting software, MPEG4 Direct Maker make divx/avi/wmv/mpeg/mp4 files directly.It does not generate a temporary file.
The temporary file you're apparently talking about is Windows' virtual memory file a.k.a. pagefile.

It's normally located (hidden) in the root directory of your drive and it's named pagefile.sys.

You can only enlarge it without rebooting.

Why don't you just set the pagefile to be large enough to handle the biggest file, and leave it at that size? Are you running out of hard disk drive space?

:angel: Before conversion the file was 48,639 kb and after conversion it was 65,570 kb. I don't seem to be able to convert any bigger than this before my computer goes poof and switches off.
I made the page file bigger, I changed it from max 1536 to max 4096 it wouldn't let me go any higher. I have 120 GB on my hard drive and have only used 37 GB so I'm not worried about the space on the hard drive.
I would question the quote concerning the temp file but I expect I'm wrong, so what I'm going to do is look at the pagefile.sys folder you mentioned before I convert one on my files and then look at it after I have done the converting to see if the temp folders are in there. :angel:

:angel:I've looked in the pagefile.sys folder and there is 768 MB in it at the moment but there doesn't seem any way of looking any further into the file other than seeing it on the C: drive:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back