Dell Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x40000080 with Dell Inspiron 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read multiple postings about folks spend hours on the phone with Dell about Blue Screens of Death and Inspiron 530. I too bought a Dell Inspiron 530 - the First machine, after installing my lexmark printer 3400 driver not only gave me blue screens but memory issues with the windows desktop not painting correctly and icons missing! So I called Dell and they told me how reset the machine back to the factory settings...but I still encountered the Blue screen of Death even after that and then going to standby/hibernation and coming back - clicking to yahoo and checking mai! Boom Blue Screen every time! I called Dell and they replaced the machine with another Dell Inspiron desktop 1 week ago. I hooked up the new one and the same exact thing has happened - I restored the settings again and have already had the dreaded blue screen Stop error code 0x40000080 even with out now installing anything related to a printer!!! all while coming back from hibernation! So what I have read here is to get around this issue is to never let the machine got to standby or Hibernation is that correct?? or do I need driver updates! why in the world I would need new drivers when this is a brand new machine!!! HELP in CT!

Thanks!

Go into your Device manager and see if there are any conflicts/issues noted by a yellow triangle with and exclamation mark in the center.

You are the second person here today with a DELL computer and 0x80 errors.

I have no conflicts my minidump is attached.. I can't read the minidump file what do you use ? and I really may have to send this computer back to dell

Your the third person today that has posted with an 0x80 error and the other thing you have in common is that they are all DELL computers.

The driver cited is ele5132.sys and from everything I have been able to tell this is your Network Card (NIC). Try updating the drivers from DELL's website.

Check out the read the threads below yours from jandkk and gfersmom and you'll see what I mean.

Thank you so much! what I have also done is no tlet the computer go onto to standby or hibernation - seems to have solved the issue for now.. I appreciate your time to respond!

I went back and reread Robabbate's minidump and the driver cited is ele5132.sys . There are probably many drivers, not just one, and DELL may have updated/renamed said driver. As I previously posted a lot of people were have issues with this driver all in the same time frame.

Perhaps DELL fixed it.

blue screen help please

I am not a technician. I bought a brand new Inspiron 530. Blue screens plagued it from the start. Hours on the help line resulted in phone diagnostics, then new RAM sticks, etc, then a new cpu, then redoing the video drivers. If I walk away from it and put it on standby or walk away from it so it hibernates, it wakes up, delivers a desktop and the home page correctly, but the first hit on something like Yahoo sends it bluescreening. Every time. I see others on this site with the same problem. Is there no cure? Can anyone help. Dell's response has been worse than terrible and quite frankly--why should they care?
Is there help out there?

Dan

blue screen

Can I ask how to start my own thread on teh blue screen problem. I tried most of what the person who answered suggested, and then I tried it on the NEW computer they sent to replace the first one. How do you get Dell's attention to fix these blue screens on brand new computers?

dellproblem said:
Can I ask how to start my own thread on teh blue screen problem. I tried most of what the person who answered suggested, and then I tried it on the NEW computer they sent to replace the first one. How do you get Dell's attention to fix these blue screens on brand new computers?

Just click the New Thread button at the top of the page. And did you read the link I posted? As for DELL, they are getting worse by the minute. Contact their support and tell them of your continuing problems and that it is still under warrenty.

dellproblem said:
I am not a technician. I bought a brand new Inspiron 530. Blue screens plagued it from the start. Hours on the help line resulted in phone diagnostics, then new RAM sticks, etc, then a new cpu, then redoing the video drivers. If I walk away from it and put it on standby or walk away from it so it hibernates, it wakes up, delivers a desktop and the home page correctly, but the first hit on something like Yahoo sends it bluescreening. Every time. I see others on this site with the same problem. Is there no cure? Can anyone help. Dell's response has been worse than terrible and quite frankly--why should they care?
Is there help out there?

Dan

Yes I get the same thing when it goes into hibernation. My Inspiron 530 is two months old. I went home today at lunch and turned hibernation off. Hope this fixes it. I don't care if the power stays on, I just can't stand to see that blue ugly screen. And there is noway to print that big ugly screen and tell people at Dell whats on it.

ODPPOLL said:
Yes I get the same thing when it goes into hibernation. My Inspiron 530 is two months old. I went home today at lunch and turned hibernation off. Hope this fixes it. I don't care if the power stays on, I just can't stand to see that blue ugly screen. And there is noway to print that big ugly screen and tell people at Dell whats on it.

If you find that this course of action "fixes" your issue please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back