Dell Demension 3000 That actually OWNS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickhitler

this is still considered a demension 3000 because im using the stock CPU, Motherboard, and case... however... as far as my knowledge goes... its the best running demension 3000 ever...
Processor - P4 HT 3.0GHz
Motherboard - Stock
Ram - 1GB PNY OPTIMA X2
Graphics Card - BFG Nvidia 6200 OC
Sound Card - Creative Soundblaster 24bit (soon to be X-Fi)
Cooling - Stock cooling + 120MM green led fan @ 1500RPM + 92mm fan @ 4000RPM
Lighting - The Fan like i said... and im debating getting green cold cathode 12" tubes... and putting a window in the door...
what you guys think eh?

Nothing really stands out in this build.

I wouldn't waste money on an X-Fi unless you're really picky about your sound. Most people probably won't hear the difference, or have the hardware to truly appreciate Hi-Fi sound.

A Dimension 3000 will never be good until you scrap everything except maybe the CPU. Still, a P4 isn't that good.

Its a nice fast computer, dont let all of these other "enthusiasts" who are running other chips faster than yours tell you its a POS or not "that good". A 3GHz P4 today is average or just above it I'd say. The Athlon64s are real cheap and perform better than the P4s that Dell machines come with. Intel released a new CPU/chip that is their flagship at the moment, its called the Core Duo 2, which is a new product and name totally away from the Pentium line. The Pentiums have had their day. Your videocard is lacking but if you dont have an AGP or PCI Express port a 6200 OC isnt too shabby. 2Gbs of ram must be nice :)

Its a nice fast computer, dont let all of these other "enthusiasts" who are running other chips faster than yours tell you its a POS or not "that good".
the best part is... i can run bf2 on medium settings at about 50-60fps... so haha to all of you dell pos... and i didnt want anything to stand out... thats the point... but i know alot of people that tried bf 2 with dell demension 3000's.... and when they see mine run battlefield 2... well the look one their face is what says it all....

Well, its a good thing isn't it? :D

I wouldn't say a computer is a POS, unless it truly is a POS and won't run anything, and blows up when it tries to. If it works, it doesn't classify as a POS :D

I just said nothing stands out thats all.

That said, being able to run BF2 with that machine looks like quite a feat. I don't know how much those comps cost, but it might've been quite a bargain.

slickhitler said:
this is still considered a demension 3000 because im using the stock CPU, Motherboard, and case... however... as far as my knowledge goes... its the best running demension 3000 ever...
Processor - P4 HT 3.0GHz
Motherboard - Stock
Ram - 1GB PNY OPTIMA X2
Graphics Card - BFG Nvidia 6200 OC
Sound Card - Creative Soundblaster 24bit (soon to be X-Fi)
Cooling - Stock cooling + 120MM green led fan @ 1500RPM + 92mm fan @ 4000RPM
Lighting - The Fan like i said... and im debating getting green cold cathode 12" tubes... and putting a window in the door...
what you guys think eh?

I think the system doesnt own at all. I'd use it for web surfing, that's about it. benchmarks on the cheapest core2duo with only 512 of ram would wipe your pc. Sell it back to dell, and build a core2duo rig for 800 or so

back in early 2005 when this machine was considered good, it costed 400bucks... then i put everything else in here... its quite nasty really... i was lookin at getting a 3.4GHz P4 HT Extreme Edition for like 20 bucks... but i dont know...

yeah it wont do that... but this computer has put many of other dells to shame... and that time may be coming where i upgrade the motherboard/cpu... but **** man this runs windows vista

I will agree with you slickhitler, this Dell would beat a lot of the Dimenstion line. God Help you if you meant the XPS line though ;) .

guys, all that power doesn't mean your computing experience is crap. My computing experience as far as I'm concerned is great, and I'm running a Northwood 2.4ghz. OCed to 3ghz. And right now it runs a 9200SE.

I am looking at an upgrade within the month tho, but till then, my PC still owns. It does whatever I need it to do, and abit more :D

Damn, I really need that upgrade. I'll post a new thread up on that :D

Mine::stickout:

dsc00437ic7.jpg

Dell Dimension 3000 case,Intel DG965OT motherboard,E6600 Intel® Core™2 Duo processer,Zalman 9500,Artic silver 5,Corsair 620 watt modular power supply,(2)400 GB Seagate SATA 7200.10 RAID 0,3GB DDR2(PC2 4200) 2 Samsung SH-S183L SATA Dvd burners,Sapphire Radeon X1950 PRO Utimate Edition.

fx4baja said:
Mine::stickout:

dsc00437ic7.jpg

Dell Dimension 3000 case,Intel DG965OT motherboard,E6600 Intel® Core™2 Duo processer,Zalman 9500,Artic silver 5,Corsair 620 watt modular power supply,(2)400 GB Seagate SATA 7200.10 RAID 0,3GB DDR2(PC2 4200) 2 Samsung SH-S183L SATA Dvd burners,Sapphire Radeon X1950 PRO Utimate Edition.

That's a pretty sweet setup for a dell case. How are your temps? The dell cases tend to have less than stellar cooling, so I'm wondering how it's working for you, with parts that will be putting out much more heat than a dell system ever would(unless it was on fire ;)).

vnf4ultra said:
That's a pretty sweet setup for a dell case. How are your temps? The dell cases tend to have less than stellar cooling, so I'm wondering how it's working for you, with parts that will be putting out much more heat than a dell system ever would(unless it was on fire ;)).

No problems at all with high temps there is a Zalman case fan installed behind the front cover and one installed in the Dell rear braket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back