Dell Dimension 2400 Memory Help

By ColdFusion1990
Aug 1, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Dell Dimension 2400. I currently have 1Gb of RAM installed (2x 512Mb). Recently, I visited the Crucial website to system scan my computer. Unexpectedly, I found out that my system can hold up to a maximum of 2GBs! I couldn't believe it so I did some more researching. Most of the sites, (crappy memory sites), and they all say it can only hold 1GB. I would really really like to have 2Gbs or Ram. But I don't want to go and spend all that money and find out I can only use 1. I need help with knowing whether I can get 2gbs of ram. If anyone has a 2400, please give me some info. Thanks.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

3. es84

es84 Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

4. ColdFusion1990

ColdFusion1990 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 141

Ok

Thanks. That sux though
  5. Cyber

Cyber Newcomer, in training Posts: 89

Check this link out its from "vnfultra" he is experianced with dell pc's... click on the link below... its another form based on Dell dimension 2300-2400 series... anyways gudluck... oh and my advice replace your mobo...

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51437.html

Cyber
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.