TechSpot

Dell Dimension E510 Temp Monitoring?

By Boogityboo04
Jan 26, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just got a Dimension E510 and have found it to be pretty un-moddable. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to check the temperature on one of these because it seems to have on sensor but no application seems to be able to access it.
  2. acoroian

acoroian TS Rookie Posts: 23

Well there is a way to check CPU temperature in the bios screen at bootup

Dell bios F2

But for real time monitoring i think maybe you should spend some money on a Phisical Temperature monitor

For example : http://www.xoxide.com/misccooling.html

Check out some other websites that have them maybe you can find one thats cheaper or it looks the way you want.
  3. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 351

The Dell BIOS seems to be pretty severely restricted, there is no System Health information screen, or anything much else for that matter
  4. acoroian

acoroian TS Rookie Posts: 23

do you think a hardware monitor would be better than getting some software installed ?? (if its so restrictive its probbaly not going to let anything monitor it anyway)

Did you check the link i posted?

What do you think of that?
  5. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom TS Rookie Posts: 256

http://www.stvsoft.com/ this is as good program to monitor temps from your desktop...it just reads from your BIOS, but hey, it saves u the trouble of restarting and hitting that hot key all the time
  6. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 351

Yea, I like the hardware monitors, but at the moment I don't have the cash to buy one
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.