Dell Display Problems - HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

I8aPickle

I have a Dell Dimension E510, with an ATI Radeon graphics card. Well a few weeks ago I came across the "Infinite Loop" problem, and Dell sent me a new video card. Now whenever I try to go on my computer there's lines and crap all over my screen. I've wiped out the hard drive twice and I'm very annoyed! What do I do? I tried installing the latest drivers but it didn't seem to work. I'm in safe mode right now, any tips?

I8aPickle said:
I have a Dell Dimension E510, with an ATI Radeon graphics card. Well a few weeks ago I came across the "Infinite Loop" problem, and Dell sent me a new video card. Now whenever I try to go on my computer there's lines and crap all over my screen. I've wiped out the hard drive twice and I'm very annoyed! What do I do? I tried installing the latest drivers but it didn't seem to work. I'm in safe mode right now, any tips?

Wiping your hard drive does not solve your monitor/video card issues.

Did you you successfully install your drivers? Check your device manager an tell me what you see when you look at your video adapter

The ATI card is a radion mobility card, they are very hard to find drivers for, I know coz DEL replaced my Nvidia GO card with one. Check under other types of laptop on the dell support pages there is a driver there somewhere.

I see Radeon X600 256MB HyperMemory, but on another forum someone told me to uninstall my video cards and that it would be fixed, and I did that and it's still all messed up. SIGH

Okay nevermind, my computer seems to be working fine now there's no lines and stuff...but when I try to start up my game it says "Failed to find any Direct x9.0 graphics adapters on this system!". How do I fix that? I installed Directx 9.0c from microsoft but it didn't help.

Display Problems Continued...

So yesterday I posted my problem with my video card. My computer has all these lines and crap on it, and no matter what I do they won't go away!

I tried uninstalling the video the card, and that didn't work. I have to have my hardware accleration set to 'none' for the lines to go away, but then I can't play my games!

What is left for me to do? Is it a bad video card? I have a Dell Dimension E510, and an ATI Radeon graphics card, a couple weeks ago I went through the "infinite loop" problem so Dell sent me a new video card, and now it's doing this?! What gives? I tried getting new drivers but that also doesn't work.

Is all hope lost?

i8apickle you have the same model computer as i do and need to kno if you can help me installing an x700 I know you have an x600 but the model of the computer can be whats confusing me

contact me please i8apickle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back