Dell GX280 case swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

The GX 280 has a silm case which has 250w PSU, 2.4Ghz cpu, 2G ram and 250G hard. I buy a tower ATX case to swap the silm case with 500w PSU. I tried but M/B doesn't fit for ATX case. The M/B doesn't have the power connector to switch. It looks like to need a lot of modification. Anyone try to replace the case with ths model?

Thanks.

"It looks like to need a lot of modification"...

What needs modification, the front panel wires, USB/Audio connections? How may PCI connectors does the Dell GX280 motherboard have? 2 or 3?

It has only two PCI slots. The back panel isn't difficult one. The problem is on the front penel which is ON/OFF switch. The after-market borad has standard pins to connect the switches and usbs but the Dell has a small circuit hooked different style cable. I need to find how to modify the switch, That is the only problem I couldn't firgure it out.

Thanks.

Follow the off/on switch wires on the old dell case and note the color of the wires and where the go on the motherboard. Do the same on the new case, and place the off/on wire from the new case, to the proper location on the Dell motherboard. The power and hard drive LEDs only have polarity needs. The off/ on, reset switches do not have polarity needs...

I could not see the wires. Here is the picture which shows the switch circuit.

IMG_3441.jpg

Thanks.

Ok, I see your point... This is a tuff one, and you are probably right, I don't think this can be done with this model Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back