TechSpot

Dell Inspiron 1100

By suprealist
Sep 9, 2007
  1. I have one, have had many issues with it, and know of many people who had many issues with it. Luckily, I paid quite a cheap price on this laptop. If I hadn't, I'd feel very robbed of my money. All in all, I've heard many, many stories (bad) about this laptop and Dell in general. I think I'll stick to building my own computer.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Dell had some troubles with the Dell 1100, 1150, 5100, 5150, and 5160... all very similar. They were fixed for most users while under warranty. You might want to talk to Dell Tech Support on the phone.
    We have several clients with this laptop who are now quite happy with it.

3. suprealist

suprealist TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have talked to Dell Tech Support on the phone. Of course all the problems occurred mere weeks after the warranty ran out.

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

If they knew about the issues, and you talked to them while still under warranty, they still have an obligation.

5. YuMax

YuMax TS Rookie

Hm, I've had this one for about a year and there are no problems at all... And what kind of troubles did you experience? (I want to be aware what to wait for) :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.