TechSpot

dell inspiron 600m touchpad goes crazy

By xxdanielxx
Feb 15, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok I have a dell laptop and it works for awhile then the mouse stops working when I try to move the mouse it starts to click things and move crazy it does not function right. I not sure what is the problem I think may be the touch pad has gone bad.

2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 TS Rookie Posts: 168

mine does that too mine is a inspiron 1150 i usually hit it a few times or wait and boom it works no idea what causes it though

3. Computergeek564

Computergeek564 TS Rookie Posts: 82

yep i have sort of the same thing sometimes, i have a sony vaio VGN FS515E and when i go to move my mouse it gets stuck and tries to go the other way, i think it may be a hardware issue, or the tracker pad itself but i may be wrong

4. NFSFAN

NFSFAN TS Rookie Posts: 340

Problem is the dust around the corners of the pad is confusing the touchpad into going into different directions. Take apart the laptop disconnect the touchpad, which will clear its eeprom , and clean the pad gently with a tissue. Problems are solved. Promise

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.