Dell Inspiron E1405 will not power up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Inspiron E1405. My daughter was using it and got called away. When she returned, she assumed it had gone in to standby or hibernation mode but it appeared to have shut off "or something". Now, when you push the power button, the device status lights all come on, as do the numeric keypad, uppercase letter function, and scroll lock function lights. After about 5 seconds, the uppercase function light and scroll lock function light start blinking. After about 20 second of that, the computer shuts off. Nothing else happens, no other lights come on, the display does not light up.....nothing. I have tried while battery powered and while plugged in to a power outlet with no success. ANY idea what is happening??

I don't think that you will be even able to reformat if you don't see the BIOS etc... The better way would be to go to the manifacturer or the make to check the laptop as it may be the motherboard also not working.

Start with a new hard drive. Replace all cables. Clean the system of dirt, hair, dust, debris, CPU fan, clean CPU and replace thermal paste, check all sockets for debris or broken components stuck in ports, plugs, sockets, usb ports, video graphics ports, remove the optical drive for the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back