Dell Inspiron Windows 7 ntoskrnl.exe BSODS

attaboyskip

I purchased a Dell some time ago. It was a few weeks later that I began to experience Blue Screens dealing with the ntoskrnl.exe consistently mentioned in all of them. I understand that it handles a lot but I'm not sure if that is the real issue. I have tried to test my memory one stick at a time and no errors were found. I have also tried chkdsk for bad sectors or anything and it came back with no problems. I originally thought it was a bad driver error with my graphics card but have since reinstalled and cleaned those up as well as installed MSE instead of Avast and still experience the same issues. I am not proficient enough to understand what my minidumps are really trying to tell me and am looking for some help in that regard. I have attached a zip with 5 separate occurences and hope that someone can help me. Thank you in advance!

System -
Dell Inspiron 570
Windows 7 Home Premium
Stock everything except for upgraded graphics card (ATI 5670 HD in PCI-E slot)

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    122 KB · Views: 2
Nothing definitively was cited but once and that simply said hardware. Let's begin diagnostics by doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Attempted above fix action

I have completed that action as stated above and removed only ATI's drivers and have only been on for a couple of minutes. I just appreciate your prompt reply to my situation so I wanted to be prompt in letting you know I have attempted what you recommended. I have not had any problems but again, it has only been a few minutes. I will run through things as normal and continue to cross my fingers. Thank you again.

Almost..

Everything was working beautifully yesterday. I was running through the daily routine and no BSODs at all. I then tried to start up my computer this morning and it wouldn't start.. It beeped relentlessly during a few attempts so I turned it off, unplugged it and took out the battery on the mobo. When I came back after a few minutes it didn't start at first but on the next attempt it started with a CMOS checksum error so I loaded the default values by pressing F1. I have no idea how these two problems are interrelated but would appreciate some light on the subject. Thank you again.

Is it continuing to run stable since loading the default settings? What BIOS are you running? Those beepes were BIOS beep codes and the code points directly to where the problem lies. You may need a new CMOS battery.

Stable

Everything is running stable since the default settings were loaded. My date was changed but aside from that it's working great. I'll replace the battery and see if the CMOS battery is the issue upon startup

Down again.. mobo?

I replaced the CMOS battery with a brand new one and things were going great.. After a night of resting the computer did it again. It went out. It seems to happen after extended periods of no use. Anyways, I was trying to start and it gave me CMOS keyboard fault errors and then I took out the battery and put it back in. It gave me the other CMOS error about default settings and whatnot and I continued to boot. The computer didn't BSOD but it did blackscreen and it was almost like it was going to restart but didn't. I then tried moving ram around and after many attempts it started.. I tried many times with the ram in the current configuration and that didn't work but just kept cycling the power. It work eventually so I don't know what happened. I don't suspect ram because there were no changes in that from when it didn't work to when it worked. I also don't know if it could be my graphics card. I was running and then the computer also BSOD'd again just barely and the attached minidump references to ntoskrnl again.. I'm not sure at all what's going on.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
Another 0x3B error with only a Windows OS driver cited and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Research on 0X03B error

I have looked into it but haven't been able to find a solution for the problem you suggested. Do I just turn off my page-file then and increase the amount of ram I have? Do I buy different ram because this kind is interfering with how my system is trying to operate? Are the graphics processed by the GPU writing information to the page file as well and that's what's causing the problem? I'm just not sure where to start when fixing this problem. Thank you again for all of your help thus far.

Removed graphics card and still BSOD

I removed the aftermarket GPU and things are still BSODing. I attached the minidumps. I'll be brief because I don't know how long my computer will last without dropping hah. Thank you soo much for all of the help so far.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    155.1 KB · Views: 2
Finally something definitive. Your issue is cited as memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

Thank you

Thank again for the prompt response and I'll run the test. I thought for a little that the PSU might be the problem so I switched that back to stock one too but I'll get memtest and run that overnight on a stick and keep doing that until we find something.

Back