TechSpot

Dell inverter board part number???

By guitargene2001
Mar 10, 2007
  1. Hello, I am new on here, and have just been through Dell Hell once again. I have an inspiron 1200 laptop with a 15 inch screen, and my inverter or ccfl tube quit working. I have searched online, but am only finding parts for the one with the 14 inch screen. Maybe they are the same part, I am not sure, but cant take this apart, as I need my computer, so I am trying to find the part beforehand. Dell told me, after going through 100000000 hours of runaround, that I have to replace the whole screen. Does anyone know if this is true? If not, does anyone know where I can find out the part number? This is making me insane! I would really appreciate any help on this.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,065   +169

I'm afraid that you'll have to replace the whole LCD panel, as Dell told you. The inverter is part of the LCD... Sorry- $350 from Impact Computers

1 person likes this.
  3. guitargene2001

guitargene2001 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey, thanks,[I think]. I have spent countless hours trying to find something out. Not good news, but at least now I know. The thing quit working about a month after the warranty ran out, go figure. No more dell for me, anyways thanks a lot for the help.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,065   +169

You a guitar player? Me too! Are you going to fix the Dell?

5. guitargene2001

Yeah, I am a guitar player, Les Paul Studio, Boss GT-8. some assorted stompboxes, and an Ibanez Tone Blaster amp, the amp is soon to be replaced, as it is horrible, in my opinion. I would like to buy a few hundred more stompboxes, guitars, etc., but I just play in my living room for fun, so thats too much money to spend for that. What do you play? Instrument-wise and kind of music?

6. guitargene2001

the LCD panel did not need replaced, just the inverter board! Glad I got a second opinion!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.