Dell Laptop OS Installation Hang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to reinstall my Dell Latitude PP01L with Windows 2000 Professional. But after the usual processes done by Windows 2000 cd (format the hard disk, then initialize the setup, copying files to hard drive), the system restart. The problem starts here. System is unable to start, the screen stopped after showing the first screen (the one showing F2 to go to bios setup, F12 to choose the boot device).

I just don't understand what is the problem. Please... anyone can help me? Anyone has any idea what goes wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dennise

Welcome to Techspot!
Are you trying to install with a CD from Microsoft or a system installation disk from Dell?
If it's Microsoft you are going to need some files downloaded from Dell depending upon the model of your LTP, will determine how to install these.
Go to the web for Dell and check the installation instructions and files you will need.
Pay particular attention for Setup programs.

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendation. I downloaded the installation disk. However, how do I create a autorun installationdisk? My laptop has only one drive space, which I have to swap between floppy drive with cd rom drive, I am unable to boot from floppy startup disk, then read from a cd rom.

Any idea I can go around this?

Once again, thank you for your kind help.

Regards,
Dennise

www.bootdisk.com will have numerous types of files you can use, just follow the instructions .
You should be able to make a bootable CD with all the files on it from Dell.
Normally the floppy drive is needed to Flash updates or run diagnostics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back