TechSpot

Dell Latitude D610 password help

By senor war
Aug 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello,
    this is the first time i have been here and i hope that someone can help a rook out...
    i just purchased a Dell latitude D610 at a garage sale and it came with no power cord but i was guaranteed that it would work if i bought a power cord for it....i did and now i find out that that thing is protected by an authentication password...to be exact it says:
    computer system, #4kckh1s-595b, is protected by a password authentication system. you cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

can someone please help me get pass this...because i need this comp for art school which begins sept 4.....thanks in advance....
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

There is a ton of stuff on this forum regarding the D610, and passwords.... I think the D610 is one of those that cannot be fixed, but I am certain there are more useful posts on this Techspot forum than anywhere else. There are techs who really know their stuff on Dell boards and paswords.
    So do a number of searches here. There is a lot of very helpful information that will save you time.
    Good luck. It is a toughie.
    You might be thinking about replacing the computer... just because of your Sept 4 deadline... as it may take a longer than that to resolve it.
    Good luck to you. Please let us know how it all turns out.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.