Dell Latitude E6410 Suddenly shutdown

Hello everyone.
I have a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop, which I bought it as a used laptop. Last week, while I am using it to browse websites, it SUDDENLY shutdown, then I try to turn it on again by pressing the power button, but it doesn't turn on. I look at the power adapter, it's green light is FLASHING. When I disconnect the power adapter from the laptop, the light on the power adapter is STEADY green. As soon as I connect the power adapter back to the laptop, its green light is FLASHING again. I also tried to turn on the laptop by using the battery, but it doesn't turn on. There is NO sound or light on the laptop at all. What's wrong with my laptop, is the motherboard dead? Sorry for a long message. Thank you very much for any help.

Remove the battery and the AC Adapter and hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds. Put the AC adapter in and leave the battery out. try powering it up again

Thank you for your reply Tmagic650. I have tried a few times of that techniques, but I still can't power up the laptop. Any other suggestions?

I also think that the motherboard is an issue, but what about the FUSE on the motherboard that is close to the DC input jack? If that fuse is blown, will it cause the light on the power adapter to be flashing? Thank you

Well. If the problem is the fuse, then I can fix the fuse by replacing it. Is there a way to verify that the motherboard is bad without using a new motherboard to check this?

You can check any fuse with a multimeter... If it has continuity it's good
"Is there a way to verify that the motherboard is bad without using a new motherboard to check this?"
Not really

Back