Dell notebook BSOD

Hello,
For years I've had BSOD problems with my Dell Inspiron notebook. I've never held out much hope finding out causes, but then I came across this forum.

I get BSOD usually when doing some type of media activity: listening to music, watching a video, using a java game. I ran memtest+ 8 times with no errors.

Please find attached a few minidumps. My system is Windows 7 x64, 4GB ram.

thanks.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
Try re-seating the RAM. Can we say that you have 2-2GB sticks of RAM installed? Did you run Memtest86 for at least 7 passes on each memory stick separately?

Thanks for your reply.
I re-did the Memtest86 test again with each memory stick separately as suggested. One stick ran overnight for 16 passes, the other for 8 passes, and with no errors. You were correct that I have 2x2GB sticks of RAM. Give me a day and I'll see if I continue to get BSOD.

Test the hard drive by going to computer, right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check now. Put a check mark in both in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

So far so good. The notebook seems to be doing better, but still needs to be tested more by the kids.
Is there supposed to be some logs from checking the disk? My notebook simply rebooted so I don't know if it found any problems or not.

Check disk configured like I told you will "fix" any problems detected automatically so you don't really need to check any logs. If the hard drive is going bad, more problems will be noticed... and the hard drive will need to be replaced

My relief was short lived. The notebook continues to BSOD. BTW, I didn't notice any problems with the chkdsk while running it.

The minidump files don't leave any clues?

cheers

IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE... I think you should try another hard drive. A laptops heat and shocks are very bad on hard drives...The minidumps include this BUG CHECK STRING

Back