Resolved Dell Optiplex GX240 slow/freezes up

Status
Not open for further replies.

msta999

This is a Dell Optiplex GX240 desk top. It is mainly used for downloading music and movies, it has become very slow and sometimes locks up, when this happens, I open task manager and I see the cpu useage is at 100%. Looking for a way to clean it up and get some speed back or at least stop freezing up. It also takes a while for it to boot up, if it is shut down.

You post would be better in the Windows OS forum. Let them help you find the reasons for the freezes, high CPU and slow load and shutdown times. Downloading music and movies is system-intensive.

This forum is for malware removal. It would be best for you to troubleshoot these problems from a system-related point of view. 'Clean it up' is fine if it's malware. But if it's too many programs starting on boot and running in the background and/or not enough RAM, you're not ready for a malware check-yet.

Okay, I'll close this thread. After the system problems have been resolved, if they fell you have a malware problem, they will refer you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back