DELL password issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a dell lattitude cp laptop. here's the deal. my uncle is minister of music at a church. there used to be a school there, but it is no longer. they are selling off all the school supplies. they offered the laptop to me but here is the catch: "hard disk #k30k35A8768 - d35b, the system primary HDD, is protected by a user authentication system. you cannot access data on this hard drive without the correct password."

I don't have a password nor does anyone at the church.

i would love to use this for my new business and i hear that someone in techspot can help me....anyone?

Easier and probably cheaper to buy a new hard drive. Did they give you the Dell install discs? One maroon recovery disc, and three or four blue discs including a system tools, Roxio or Nero disc, and Office or Works with install product ID?

Some passwords that often work? password, phone number, name of church, street name, people connected with the pastor or whomever used it first, service tag number off the bottom, pastor's child, etc.

Best hard drive prices with free shipping www.zipzoomfly.com, and consider the Seagates with their five year warranty. Other locations www.tigerdirect.com, www.directron.com, www.outpost.com, www.techdepot.com, www.newegg.com, www.pcconnection.com, and www.cdw.com.

latitude.exe?

have you heard of Latitude_MasterPW.exe to generate a master password?
I have looked everywhere on the net and i cant find it or get it to work

Hi

the program you seek is on my site your lucky your password ends in 35b not 595b as we cant help with these.

Regards

i tried the latitude master password generator found on your site. i generated two passwords and neither of the two worked. the sreen just displays "invalid password press enter to enter password"

i think i am going to have to try the shorting method since dell cust. service is oblivious to what i am trying to do. i had a chat with someone from dell cs and they could'nt tell me if transferring ownership of the lt would enable them to give me a master password.

I think you will find that the shorting method does not work on the D620, but good luck to you.
If it works, please get back to us, as this is one of the most difficult of machines.

mirglip, afaik, shorting method will clear the password, which stored in eeprom, but not the HDD password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back