Dell takes a shot at Apple with refreshed M3800 mobile workstation

By Shawn Knight
Jan 28, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Dell is using the Sundance Film Festival as the setting to unveil its latest creation, a refresh of its Precision M3800 notebook that Dell claims is the world's thinnest and lightest true 15-inch mobile workstation. It's also better than Apple's...

Read more
  2. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +193

I would happily replace my current Precision laptop with this.
    Kibaruk likes this.
  3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +461

I would happily pay the "steep" price of $70 to have a 4k screen.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

Which you'll never need on a 15" display.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

For that price I'd want both the Apple and the HP device although I wouldn't have any real use for either.
  6. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 537   +152

15" macbook Pros are a good deal if they are less than $2,000. Good luck with that.
  7. That keyboard looks painful to type on
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

I don't look at Apple products too closely because the 1st thing I notice is the sticker price and I always wind up with a severe migraine, serious arc eyes and a terrible taste in my mouth. Afterwards I usually end spending a fortune at the doctors.
    It's terrible (or great, it depends on how you look at it) when you're as allergic to Apples prices and gadgets as I am. :D
  9. I thought the same thing when I upgraded to the previous M3800 last year. I opted to get the 2k resolution screen (I think? Maybe higher) version and while it does look nice, I've noticed that it mostly hinders my experience with the workstation. Virtually nothing is optimized for the screen resolution, which makes the text in programs found in adobe's creative cloud and solidworks, etc as small as a pin needle.