Delta 1010LT crackles + IRQ problems, who is at fault here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

My first post here :)... I've been reading about some other people having m-audio problems and was curious if anyone shares my view on this problem?

I have a Dell Dimension 9150
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) D
CPU 2.80GHz
Processor Speed 2.73 GHz
Memory (RAM) 1024 MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Operating System Version 5.1.2600

The card has massive digital glitching happening whenever i try to record anything.

I have switched it between 2 PCI slots and reinstalled the driver x???? times...Also reinstalled windows... But the card always ends up sharing IRQ's. I have the APCI motherboard (sigh)

M-Audio states on their site that the card is compatible with Windows XP, but according to Windows XP modern PCI based systems, PCI devices, and PCI device drivers,if in compliance with the PCI specifications, are designed to share IRQs.

Windows itself assumes that they can share IRQs and thus makes no attempt to resolve IRQ sharing conflicts.

M-Audio insists their card has to have its OWN IRQ... and it's not their problem that the OS is doing this.

I am at the end of my rope here, becasue they are insisting that everyone is extremely happy with their M-Audio products and that their products work with XP...but... if they say that their product works with XP and XP assumes their device can share IRQS, and m-audio product doesn't want to share an IRQ, aren't they misleading consumers?

Sharing IRQ's is standard or default, but you can edit IRQ's to suit... it is risky, as changing IRQ's can change other installs. Read up on the process using a search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back