Desktop icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey
I got a problem with the icons on my desktop. They're like all squashed together and on the top of one another. Also you cannot read what each icon says, its says half of it and the rest says ... Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Opposite click on an empty part of your sereen and select "arrange icons by"... pick any one of the choices

N3051M said:
can you post a screenshot?

Here's a screen shot ....

iconsrh1.th.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1928/iconsrh1.jpg

You need to learn how to use a briefcase or file folder to organize your desktop icons after you resolve this issue... What a mess! Could this be caused by a virus?

I use a briefcase named "Monthly Bills", and "Desktop Items" and I keep only frequently used icons on the desktop

Your settings are customized... and might horribly I might add. =P

Huge Fonts + Small Icons = Very hard to read

Right click anywhere on your pink desktop, choose 'Properties' from the menu. Click the tab named 'Appearance', click the 'Advanced' button and all the options you need to tweak your settings to something more functional will be there... Such as icon size, icon text size, icon horizontal and veritical spacing etc...

You should really consider using a higher resolution too. 800x600 is only useful if you're hard of seeing. 1024x768 is the official standard of the web now and if you have a larger monitor, the bigger the numbers, the more desktop space you get. :)

Miss Dior said:
Hey
I got a problem with the icons on my desktop. They're like all squashed together and on the top of one another. Also you cannot read what each icon says, its says half of it and the rest says ... Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Set your resolution to higher level and clean your desktop

I've set the resolution to a higher level and removed unused icons but the icons are still on top of one another and squashed up

If you read Ricks post you will see you need to change font and icon size,

Perhaps the small resolution is inhibiting your reading abilities too;)

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back