Desktop unable to find literally only my wifi connection, even when other decices can

Hey everyone, I've got an internet problem that I'm not too certain on how to fix.

I just recently got a new desktop, and now suddenly about two or three days later after getting it I can't connect to my own wifi. When I mean 'can't connect', I mean it doesn't even show up in my list of available connections. I can find all of my neighbour's connections, but I can't find my own. What makes this even stranger is that it can't be my modem; my laptop and mobile devices can connect just fine.

I've tried restarting both my PC and modem, to no avail. I've looked around in my network settings, but that hasn't producded anything either. I'm honestly stumped as to what could be the problem. (Edit: I've also reinstalled my adaptor drivers, but that hasn't changed anything.)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Win/10 is notorious for WiFi driver issues - - and MS Update will not find the correct driver for you.

Open the Device Mgr, expand Network Adapters, find the make/model of the wifi chip in the desktop system. Now on online with a wired connection and get the proper WiFi driver for your system.

What operating system do you have?
And the model of a desktop.
windows10
Win/10 is notorious for WiFi driver issues - - and MS Update will not find the correct driver for you.

Open the Device Mgr, expand Network Adapters, find the make/model of the wifi chip in the desktop system. Now onRufus MapQuest UpToDate online with a wired connection and get the proper WiFi driver for your system.
thankyou ambassador that did the trick!

Back