TechSpot

Detonator FX Drivers 44.03 released

By Julio Franco
May 14, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NVIDIA has released a new set of Detonator drivers, now carrying the 'FX' brand name on them and claiming an impressive 30% performance boost across the whole GeForceFX family. We have already put them up in our drivers section, available in both Windows 98/ME and XP/2k flavors, like most Detonators, these support all cards ranging from TNT to GeForce FX series.

For more information on the drivers visit the links above, I've tested them myself already on a GeForceFX 5200 board I'm testing and they improved performance considerably, Tech-Report guys have posted a drivers performance comparison today, too, it's a shame they only test on FX boards though I've heard that they don't do much on older cards, performance wise, that is.

Speaking of NVIDIA, today they introduced a dedicated Web site for gamers and 3D graphics enthusiasts called the 'nZone', I believe they had a Doom 3 video for download earlier today but I couldn't find it at the time of posting.
  2. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

Here's something interesting. For whatever it's worth. It's just a benchmark.
    Read it all here
  3. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

olefarte, you beat me to it...

TS staff, maybe add a new story about what Extreme Tech found? (the link olefarte posted)

ET will update as soon as they hear anything new from nvidia
    The story is also being "verified" here by Beyond3d...

And here are som other interesting speculations... (Still at B3D)

Maybe if someone here at TS has access to the Beta Build of 3dmark and a GF FX, they could do the same test?
  4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

True or not, it's posted at almost every site I looked at this morning. It seems to be causing quite a stir. However one reads all this the 5900 Ultra is still probably a pretty good card.
  5. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Another thing with the DetFX, is that there seems to be a problem with GTA:VC...

Ante P from Nordic Hardware posted a screenie taken on a GF FX 5800 using the DetFX 44.03 here..

From his post here
  6. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 583

well a little out of topic but still...

is gta:vc out for a long time yet ?

i was waiting for it but then I just had too much work hehehe
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.