Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Anyone got it yet?

Arris

Contemplating picking this one up just because I have such fond memories of the original game, but don't want to end up investing in something that turns out to be another Duke Nukem ;)

Any opinions on it?

Interested to know myself too. I've already seen a lot of very positive feedback from reviewers, even the harder to please ones which is definitely a good sign. Curious to know what fellow gamers who've been playing it think.

Think I might just go pick it up. Most reviews say it still keeps the greatness of the original game alive and adds to it. Only a few bad points which aren't enough to spoil the overall game.

Been playing this, AI seems a bit dumb at times. Can line up a nice angle aiming round a corner and then it's basically shooting fish in a barrel. At one point I was jumping up and down on top of a sleeping hobo/tramp with no response from him. Next I'll be piling up dumpsters on top of a NPC to see if they mind that at all. Story has me hooked, and the exploration isn't too bad but feels less open than the original (although it's a long time since I played the original and it might be fond memories clouding my judgement). The "you choose how to play it" is also a bit too basic at times. If you can't hack a door, most of the time there is a vent just around the corner to crawl through to get to the same destination. Graphics are nice other than the stiff facial animation mentioned in many of the reviews online. Enjoying it but found the first boss fight a pain. Only found a cupboard full of shotgun ammo after the fight as I've been playing it through on the hardest setting and didn't really get enough time to loot stuff during the battle. Good game but nothing evolutionary in my opinion. Graphics are nice and sharp/detailed at highest settings but again nothing to drool about. Worth grabbing if you are looking for a new single player experience...

I have it and I'd say Arris pretty much nailed it. I'd put it in the "good but not great" category. If you're into FPS/RPG type games - you'll definitely enjoy it.

Nice thanks for the feedback you two, I might pick this up down the road then when it's a bit cheaper. I'm terrible at finishing RPG games and since this is really all about the single-player experience, I might just hold off until later.

Thinking about it now, it's a little like a first person Metal Gear Solid experience (especially the sections where I find myself having to open and loot rooms full of lockers, but can't hide inside them and have yet to find a copy of a men's magazine in any of them :D

Had a great moment in game when I had to knockout a crime boss without tranq/stunning him.
Cloaked and snuck into his bathroom. He spotted me and started coming into the bathroom. Energy regenerated just enough and bam! Knocked him out, my imba augmented arms caused him to get his head stuck through the wall. Unable to move the body to complete the quest by dropping him off the top of a building! Other than the clipping problem it's been good bug free fun so far.+

Haha

This summed up my experience with the the first boss battle in the game for me..

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/09/02

i-jJRZhDr-XL.jpg

Exploration and openness has improved with the change of location for the 2nd "level". Lots of roof top exploration and possibility of new routes to explore with upgrades to leg augments.

The game seems to be good. I don't have it, nor am I considering buying it, my pc will not handle it.

Already beat it. Story was great, but AI does seem a little dumb. Supposed to be stealthy game (they'll reward you for it...) but can easily, blow through the game guns blazing and all.

Back