Deus Ex: Human Revolution video shows off gameplay

Emil

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the third chapter in the Deus Ex franchise and will serve as a prequel to the first game. It's the first game produced by a new Eidos studio in Montreal, Québec, Canada. The studio yesterday released an 8-minute gameplay video on the DeusExOfficial YouTube channel, which we've embedded below.

Here's the video's description: "This brand new gameplay video narrated by Eidos Montreal's Mary DeMarle (Narrative Game Designer) describes how lead character Adam Jensen is able to infiltrate an enemy compound at the start of the game in multiple different ways."

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is going to be a multi-platform release; it's shipping on Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and OnLive. After a big delay, the game is finally slated to arrive in North America on August 23, 2011, in Australia on August 25, 2011, and in Europe on August 26, 2011.

Personally, the video is not enough and I'm going to have to play a demo before making a final judgment. What do you think of the above video; does it make you want to buy the game?

Permalink to story.

<sarcasm>The screep cap looks nothing like what the game actually looks like. I am shocked and appalled, and totally did not expect this. </sarcasm>

Good thing I'm used to being disappointed.

hmmm

Well I agree, I'd need to play a demo first but I'm worried it will be too stealthy, as yahtzee from zero punctuation would say, there may be too many chest high walls.

ramonsterns said:
<sarcasm>The screep cap looks nothing like what the game actually looks like. I am shocked and appalled, and totally did not expect this. </sarcasm>

Good thing I'm used to being disappointed.

I'm not dissapointed. Have you played the first game? Its exactly like that and I am glad they stuck with the same idea of it all... Thats what made the game great was having options and making it differant from all the point and shoot games out there. It is why the first game was rated the best PC game of all time by PC Gamer Magazine. Anyway I cant wait for this game to come out!

demonlord721 said:
Well I agree, I'd need to play a demo first but I'm worried it will be too stealthy, as yahtzee from zero punctuation would say, there may be too many chest high walls.

What do you mean by Chest high walls?

thewind said:
I'm not dissapointed. Have you played the first game? Its exactly like that and I am glad they stuck with the same idea of it all... Thats what made the game great was having options and making it differant from all the point and shoot games out there. It is why the first game was rated the best PC game of all time by PC Gamer Magazine. Anyway I cant wait for this game to come out!

Except that's totally not what I was talking about.

Good try, though.

chest high walls

What I refer to by chest high walls is the use in a cover based shooter and or steath game that is exactly what it sounds like. They are walls or objects that are all roughly chest high that you duck behind for most of the game. Straights and tunnels usually don't enemies and the presence of chest high walls usually give the game a little less spontaneity. Gears of war, bulletstorm are two examples of games that overdo the whole chest high walls thing.

(Don't get me wrong though the first deus ex games we awesome and i'm looking forward to human revolutions release)

I just hope the highlighting system for useable objects and paths can be turned off, or in fact is not even part of the PC version of the game
Otherwise I think it looks great, is there a 0,0002% chanche we will get a game which does not disappoint? Let's just say I'm too getting used at being disappointed...

Yeah, the theatrical trailer made this game look like a competitor for GOTY without any actual gameplay being shown. It was just that good.....

Except I guess I was expected Crysis syle graphics....not whatever this is. Regardless, I think we can again blame the multi-platform release decision for whatever short comings this game will have. Consoles turn down graphics and over simplify everything until the game isn't even worth playing anymore....

thewind said:
yorro said:
This is console graphics

Your right they are playing on a PS3. I hope the PC will look better but it will still be a fun game to play.

Why would you showoff something on the PS3? That's the equivalent of showing off new Ferrari engine inside an old Toyota.

ramonsterns said:
thewind said:
yorro said:
This is console graphics

Your right they are playing on a PS3. I hope the PC will look better but it will still be a fun game to play.

Why would you showoff something on the PS3? That's the equivalent of showing off new Ferrari engine inside an old Toyota.

Because most sales come from the sale of councel games than PC games so they dont want to show off the best and then have everyone who buys a ps3 version to complain because it doesn't look the same. Its better to show off the bad and then have the smaller group of people complain for a short time till it does come out on pc. I still think it will be a great looking game. Its better than what crytek did saying Crysis 2 was going to be so great "and it is the best looking of all councel games" but was a let down for pc.

so nice move VALVE, now these people is using source engine for the game , its like half life 2 in HD or am i wrong ??

looks like episode 1 or 2

Urgh, looks just as bad (maybe even slightly worse) than Invisible War. Why didn't they just make it like the original, with a modernised engine?

thewind said:
ramonsterns said:
thewind said:
yorro said:
This is console graphics

Because most sales come from the sale of councel games than PC games.

Except the Deus Ex fanbase was always on PC. This is stupid no matter what spin you want to put on it.

It doesn't look cartoony at all. If it was then why would it use DX11 on the PC?

I could do without the highlighting mechanism though. I don't care what optic upgrade that is. I don't want the game holding my hand and walking me through like the lady in the video does.

Back