Device Driver "Error" Please "Help"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_lotus

Hi to anyone who is reading this.

My life is has suddently turned to hell as my computer is having those blue screens of death.When i install something/ burn i loose data and Dvd r's and sometimes its just like that.

When ever i do something it happens after 5 mins after logging on as admin.I mean its not exactyly but i am trying to say its not a quick reboot.Also in the BOD it does not specify any file names or anything there is technical info such as 0x245 well...i have not written it down but its like this.

Ive tried to find out which device driver is causing this problem by so many means.I had gone to device manager and found no yellow marks.Ive tried safe mode to see which area is causing problems.I have probably formatted my drive around 9 times to do everything so carefully some how till now no luck... ive goten white hair due tot thinking soo hard about what to do... you cannot imagine i cannot even sleep thinking that soemthing bad is gona happen when i work.

I have the latest service packs all updates and believe me when i say so that ive tried a lot.Microsofts error report says its caused by error report thats all THEY ARE OF NO help at all.I started having these after 4 months of purchase of this CPU.Everything is brand new from sound card to graphic card... welll at that time.

I have sound max driver for sound card.
Nvidia 66.93 verson of Nvidia driver graphics
interet driver i have 3com

These are the only drivers i have installed right now.I just thought i should repair windows again during windows installation it went nuts again by that restarting thing.so after repair right now as i mentioned before i got 3 drivers windows exp latest service pack.

yet i got restarts HELP!.

My pc is 2.8ghz
p4p800 Assus Motherboard
GeForce 4 Mx 440SE
512 Ram
1dvd drive
1dvd writer drive
1 floppy drive...
webcam.. logitech
wireless mouse / keyboard..

btw did i say that i had NO yellow marks in device manager.Everywhere it says everything is fine.. but its just not.

Please help anyone..i wouldbe soo happy and gratefull.
If there is something of help u can send me u can email me at : (immortal_general@hotmail.com)

Apurv

Have you installed the drivers off the cd that came with your motherboard? This board has onboard sound doesn't it? If you are using an add in sound card, pull it out and try the computer. Then pull the network card and try it. Does this board have on board network? I would pull all the pci cards except video and try it. Go to each cards web site and look for the latest driver for it. Reinstall them one at a time and try the computer. Put them in a different slot than the one it came out of to force windows to reinstall the driver. Is your heatsink secure on the cpu? Memory firmly seated in their slots? Video card firmly seated?

First of all thx for replying it was very nice of you to help.

oh btw yes i think it has inbuilt network card and sound.Is there anything else you can think off.The thing is that these problems started occuring after 4 motnhs of use.So no one had touched the hardware so i am thinking not hardware cuz of slots but maybe it could be.Since ive moved to india from holland it has started to happen.Could it be because of heat? and i am not sure about that heat sink...

Thxxxx soo much though.. man your were great help and you sound like a intelligent person.I am gona try what you said and check.Th thing is my father put all the hardware in.Its i who did all driver stuff.So he the expert il see.Il learn.thx again.

ok, this might help, maybe, maybe not, i had kinda the same thing, my cpu fan died and my power pack died at the same time. when the fan died it just slowed, so u really couldnt tell. i kept getn the blue screen of death all the time, i changed the fan=alittle better, i changed the power pack=better yet, i got a new case(wit big fans)=runs fine now
the worst times were when i was playin a game or my G-Force card was workin hard
heat might be the issue

hi,

thats cool.The thing is that my cpu the entire thing is new and u know i think it has something to do with fans but i dont know.In Assus CD rom i had this assus utility and it had like features which moniter my cpu.

my fan's 2 i think i dont remmeber name were either below the normal rate or were not working cuz that area wwas beaping.Is there a way i can change speed of the fan.Will it damage my pc?u know like go to that F8 thing or soemthing.Thx a lot for the reply man

Apurv

Can you write down the codes on the blue screen? Just the beginning and end of both of the first two. 0x5b or 0x8e Like that. And I would need to know what one was first and which one was second?

hi,

luchuffer the thing is that i am waiting for pc to get blue screen so i can write.. for some reason now its not re botting auto but isn;t there like a dump file of some sort which keeps info.. if there is someway i can send u or if u think that can help plz tell me.Cuz my pc when needed most it fails me.thx for ur intrest in this issue

apurv

ok hi,

I got the BOD again just now :

In the technical information it said the following:

Stop: 0x0000000A (0x0a030011 , 0x00000002,0x00000001,0x80509099)

then in the bottom it said dumping mini dump and it was counting down like 1 2 3 4 5 6 and continuing.Plzz help

Thx in advance

I think ive just attatched a minidump file if it is of any use to you.

plz look at msg before if ur unaware.

thx

These are the 3 mini dump files ive converted them into txt form as they couldnot be attatched any other way.

Last msg I thought the files were uploaded but mistake.Well this msg has so plz have look at the last 3 msgs.

Attachments

• 1.txt
    80 KB · Views: 5
0x0000000A

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x0000000A. This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
Cause
This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.

The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

That was all from MS web site. It mentions drivers, but the not less or equal a lot of times is caused by bad memory. Go here first, and run the memtest86 program to check if your memory is bad. All the instructions are on the site. If it lets you, try to run it for a couple of hours.

http://www.memtest86.com/

I downloaded that software put it on a floppy and i ran it.It was on for 6-7 hours i think... it reported everything as fin e no errors were detected..is there something else i should have looked at during or after that test on that blue screen of that mem test?

Is there no way to fine what caused the problem i must say after those blue screen that micrsoft soft help service comes and in that website it did say device driver but which? how ever i cannot be 100% sure that it is caused by Device Driver.Anyway look at my previous mails in it there are details ofwhat i have already done. to find problems.
thx a lot for that memory test program and your msg.

Your OS is on C right? Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson. open the DR Watson folder, and see if there is a text document called drwtsn32. Copy that and attach it to a post. I'll check it out for you, and see if there is a recurring driver or program error. No promises though.

holy **** my restarts are happenning more and more it was lke 1 in 3 days before today i had 4 of those...same error i told u about.Man its making my life hell.unless i know problem its gona be like ****.I just rememberd i did change my bios at a point in time u think that it cud be because of that?.lol i am having problem uploading it as its 10 kb more.

If you think you messed up the BIOS then go to the exit screen and highlight "Load setup defaults' or hit F5 Hit enter and then F10 to save and exit.

I was just talking to my father about it. I know it sounds odd to talk about this but we were just talking and he says that its unlikely that its bios problem.Actually he installed the bios and stuff on mine he is the smart one compared to me so..Well... how do i go to that screen where i can put it back to defaults if anything has changed.Could i have ur email adress so i can send u the dtwtsn32 file as its 10kb more...

Could it be a virus possibility?
i doubt it.As none of my scanners detected anything.

Thx a lot i really mean it for keeping in contact.

apurv

olhh btw u think i should format everything again and start from scratch?

I just tried to install Assus bios update and it says unable to load dlls. run nt again and stuff i restarted and tried again same thing. So for some reason not eveen my assus CD IS working well.Any advice?

Click on my name then click on send E-mail. Put TechSpot in the subject line or I'll delete it if I don't know who it's from.

hi again,

The problem has not gone.Ive uninstalled msn like you said and about that win DVD 4 its removed and i have windvd6 platinum...

I still get BSOD of 0xA and stuff like mentioned before its happenning often ive tried a lot and so have u plz can i have any suggestions.

Apurv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back