Diagnostic Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank7737

Hey all,

I really need some help here before i dish out $ for a new cpu. I got a p4 2.0 right now. havin crash problems where i got blue screen of death, but it flashed too fast for me to read what it said, cause it just kept restarting, so i re installed windows xp. Problem is, i cant finish the instalation, cause i get blue screen and it reboots. At first it hjust happend occasionally while i ran windows, but became more frequent, and now i cant install at all. I was havin problems before, so I RMA'd my asus motherboard and Western Dig. HDD for new ones, only 2 weeks old. Ive also replaced cables, makin sure right amount of pins, cpu and case run at about 29*C and have plenty of power from power supply. I just ran a mem test, and my ram is fine.

I need to find some diagnostic software to check the cpu, but needs to be able to self run without installing windows, can anyone help me find anything please? Im a broke college kid that cant afford a new cpu.... Thanks so much for anything you find me...

Dan

have you tried setting your bios settings to fail safe defaults? also remove anything that is not absolutely necessary. ( sound card, nic cards, etc.)

Motherboard: Asus p4s533
CPU: Intel p4 2.0
Video: geforce4 ti4200 128 mb vivo
HDD: Western Digital 80 gig 8mb cache
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy
Ram: Crucial 512 mb pc2100 ddr
Cd-rom: Lite-on 40*12*48 i believe
Zip: 250 mb
Power supply: 400w
cant think of anything else, let me know if u need any other specs

Thanks guys, I checked out that link Iss and am gonna try the freeware, but it doesnt look like the program checks the cpu, un less maybe i missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back