Dial up gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

Ok, this is going to be a question that may not have a good answer.

I have Bellsouth Dial Up (Cannot afford cable/sattelite, no one else offers high speed on my street), and I would like to do some online gaming. I have gotten this discussed before, but I didn't ask whether it is possible to go wireless. I have NO knowledge when it comes to networking, in fact I don't even understand wtf a CAT5 is. I usually have 250-1000 ping on CS:S, but even at 200 i shoot, and 2 seconds later it hits the opponent/wall.
If it isn't possible to do anything with this connection, then just let me know. I have used "Tweaks" posted through the net, and it has done nothing for my gaming, only with my browsing, which it didn't even help much.

Any help would greatly be appriciated.

With Dial-Up, you can't really do any online gaming, online gaming is meant for at least DSL Lite

I understand that, trust me. But I was wondering if there was ANYTHING I could do to get better ping. A friend of mine said he got a wireless connection that is about 3X better than his cable, but he didn't know everything about it.

Yeah, what you can do is connect to another connection, if you have wireless. To get better ping though, also depends on the server, and your internet speed, but no there isn't much you can really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back