TechSpot

DICE drops new details on Battlefield 4's multiplayer classes

By Justin Kahn
Aug 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. DICE has dropped some new information on Battlefield 4's multiplayer classes today. B4's core gameplay designer Alan Kertz took to the company's official blog to detail what players can expect out of the newly designed kits.

Read more
  2. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

"Remember the Wire Guided Engineer Missile from Battlefield 2? Kertz said that's in there too."
    I thought that was Bad Company 2?
  3. GunsAblazin

GunsAblazin TS Rookie Posts: 74

All this physics doesn't make the game any better. Show me how gameplay is going to be affected. In BF3 you could still be spotted through a cloud of smoke. With everything else that already can blind you this is going to be a mess. Why not give players equipment to overcome situations no matter what their class.
  4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,953   +900

I really hope this is more than a BF3.5.
  5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,953   +900

6. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,160   +174

For me bf3 gameplay was exceptional. The multiplayer experience in terms of the game browser (online portal and browser plug-in) was torrid. If they improve that, that alone would be something worth an upgrade for me.
    wastedkill likes this.
  7. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

BF4 @ 2560 x 1600 a GTX 780 Classified, 512Gb SSD and a 6 pack of beer. I'm ready.
  8. jeffz6

jeffz6 TS Rookie Posts: 78

I wish they would have the option of class restrictions like Rising Storm. Just so there isn't a map full of snipers...
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

They already do on BF3, several servers I play on limit snipers to 2-3 per team, the auto admin just kills the player the moment they spawn.

In any case, this game is going to be awesome.
  10. Too bad it's under EA logo - DICE won't see a penny from my pocket until they get rid of EA.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.