I bought my son a used Toshiba Tecra S1 - with a 20 gig hard drive - laptop for his birthday - it ran great - then he downloaded things from the internet and then it ran not so great. So I gave him my 300gig Freeagent external hard drive and did a clean install of Windows XP using his license # - I reformatted the 20 gig hard drive when I did this - I went to Toshiba.com and down loaded all the drivers for his laptop and it has everything it should - I even made the wireless work like it was suppose to and everything - I also did the Windows Authorization - I called it in - put in the extremely long code they gave back to me - It said it was fully authorized and a legit copy of Windows XP. Running: Windows XP SP1 - IE 6 - Firefox 3.5 Now here is the problem: I can not access any Windows.com or Microsoft.com from that laptop at all - I can not do any updates or anything that would require me going on the Microsoft.com website (I can't even update IE) - I can use a standard address: 220.127.116.11 to get to the main Microsoft.com website but that is as far as it will let me go - it will not allow me to actually navigate away from the page using the links it tells me that the server can't be found. There is no virus on this computer. I have looked online for what the problem could be and a fix for it but I'm only finding things related to having a virus. I also cannot turn on Automatic Updates.