Did my friend give me a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey wusup everyone? I have been living with a friend who is a computer tech for a living. He has fixed my computer many times over the last year and has access to all my passwords and has installed a program called "Log Me In" on my computer. We recently had a bad fight and I moved out, he packed up all my stuff so I dont know what he did to my computer.

My computer has been working fine, but after I unpacked it and tried to turn it on it gives me an message in the top left corner of an all black screen that says Operating System Not Detected. I looked this up on google and it seems like this usually means there is a physical problem with the harddrive I guess? (I know how to use a comp. to go on the net and all but I am clueless as to how they work or how to do the techie stuff with it)

I think my ex roomie gave me some kind of virus or messed something up on purpose, I think its too big of a coincidince for this to have happened at the same time as this fight. Is it possible this is a virus or he messed with my settings or something? I'm really hard pressed for cash so I can't really take it in anywhere. Any help you guys could give me would be great, I spend so much time on my computer I'm going crazy without it LOL. I also got lots of pictures and music on there that REALLY mean a lot to me and I dont want to lose. Please help a computer retard out my techie buddies lol

Thanks in advane :)

Hello rubberbandme

If you can boot into windows, delete "Log Me In" immediately.

"LogMeIn gives you fast, easy remote access to your PC
from any computer with an Internet connection"

Meaning your "friend" can do what ever he like on your computer.

No, I can't boot into windows. I can get into the BIOS screen but thats it. (once again im not computer savy, the only way i know about bios is from living with a computer tech and watching him work on computers for the past 9 months.lol) What should I do to accully get on my computer? I changed all my passwords already but I need to figure out how to get rid of this virus or fix whatever he did. Any advice as to go about fixing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back